Craft a floral frame with the Gemini Midi
Ready to let your creativity bloom with the Gemini Midi? With this perfectly portable die cutting machine you can craft cards, scrapbook pages and more wherever you fancy.
Fancy trying your hand at home-made home decor? Why not have a go at crafting a garland realistic 3D flowers to decorate a frame! It’s the perfect way to
This fun and accessible craft project has been created by Lilly Fletcher. A multi-talented team member who you may have seen on Crafter’s TV, she also works behind the scenes at Crafter’s Companion!
You will need:
☼ Wooden frame
☼ Photograph, picture or motivational message to go inside frame
1. Choose Flower Forming Foam colours to match the Lily, Peony and Clover dies.
2. Follow the instructions included with your Gemini Midi to die cut each flower die from Flower Forming Foam.
3. Repeat until you have six to eight die cut shapes of each flower. This will create two finished flowers in each design.
4. Heat up your iron then take a die cut foam flower carefully and gently warm on the iron.
5. When the flower shape is still warm, use the ball shaped moulding tool to shape the petals. Repeat for each die cut flower shape.
6. Layer up three or four matching die cut flower shapes and attach together using the glue gun.
7. Once the glue has set, pierce a hole through the centre and thread four or five stamens through.
8. Repeat the previous four steps to build as many layered Peony, Lily and Clover flowers as you like.
9. Take the Foliage and Leaves and Vine dies and use with the Gemini Midi to cut out leaves and foliage in green paper or card
10. Arrange your foliage and flowers on your wooden frame and use Tacky Glue to stick it down.
11. Pop your favourite photograph, picture or phrase inside the frame and it’s ready to brighten up your home!