Christmas is quickly approaching, so make sure you get all of your cards made and try out this beautiful Sara Signature Glittering Snowflakes shaker card! This stunning design features a gorgeous snowflake filled with faux snow to make a pretty and interactive shaker.
You will need:
- Sara Signature Glittering Snowflakes Frosted Window Die
- Sara Signature Glittering Snowflakes Chase The Snowflakes Stamp
- Sara Signature Glittering Snowflakes Snow Is Falling Stencil
- Sara Signature Glittering Snowflakes Faux Snow
- Sara Signature Glittering Snowflakes Snowflake Sequin Pack
- Sara Signature Glittering Snowflakes A4 Construction Acetate
- Sara Signature Glittering Snowflakes A4 Luxury Mixed Cardstock
- Sara Signature Glittering Snowflakes A4 Luxury Glitter Cardstock
- Sara Signature Glittering Snowflakes 6″ x 6″ Paper Pad
- Sara Signature Glittering Snowflakes 12″ x 12″ Vellum Pad
- Spectrum Noir Water Reactive Inkpads in Oasis and Pale Fig
- Spectrum Noir Opaque Pigment Inkpads in Oasis and Pale Fig
- Clear embossing powder
- Shaker foam tape
- All purpose glue
- Tacky glue
- 3D glue gel
- Double sided tape
- Stick and Stay
Create an 8″ x 8″ card blank from white cardstock, then ink the edges with the Spectrum Noir Water Reactive Inkpad in Oasis. Cut a piece of silver glitter card to size to mat the 8″ x 8″ card, then cut a piece of vellum to size to mat on top of the glitter card.
For the shaker piece, choose your favourite patterned paper out of the 6″ x 6″ paper pad and cut down to 5.5″ x 5.5″. Use the Frosted Window Die and cut a window in the patterned paper, then ink the edges with the oasis water reactive ink.
Cut a piece of acetate to size (we cut ours 1/8 ” smaller than the patterned paper). Stick this to the patterned paper by using Stick and Stay, so all the edges of the paper stick to the acetate.
For the background, you can either use another piece of patterned paper cut to size or make your own with a piece of stamping card and a blend of the Water Reactive Oasis with Pale Fig to make a background. Use the Snow Is Falling Stencil to put some snowflakes on with Opaque Pigment Inks in the same colour. You can wait for it to dry or heat emboss it with clear embossing powder.
To make the shaker card, put a layer of shaker foam all around the patterned paper with the acetate. Make sure it’s all nice and sealed up so nothing can leak out! Put some faux snow on the acetate and stick together with the backing paper. Cut a piece of glitter card to size and stick behind the shaker card.
To finish the card, stick the shaker card to your card base.
Use the Chasing The Snowflake Stamp to create a sentiment from the Pale Fig Opaque Pigment Inkpad, then heat emboss. Cut to size and stick to the card with 3D glue gel.
For the finished card, cut some snowflakes with the dies from the Frosted Window set in a different shade of cardstock, then arrange them on the card and glue down.
Make sure you show us your finished Sara Signature Glittering Snowflakes cards on Facebook UK, Facebook USA, Twitter, Instagram UK, Instagram US, Pinterest UK or Pinterest US using the hashtag #crafterscompanion.