Craft a Macrame Spring Hanger with Sara
- Read time: 1 minute
- Written by: Crafters
Spring has sprung and what better time to fill your home and garden with fun and colourful crafts! This adorable Macrame Spring Hanger also makes a cute and thoughtful gift for family and friends.
It’s so easy to make, even if you’ve never tried macrame before – and best of all you can decorate your hanger with anything you like! So you can create cute customised gifts and decorations for everyone this spring. Read on to find out how…
You will need:
- Faux moss
- Glass open baubles
- Faux flowers
- Macrame string or twine
For some extra atmosphere you can pop an LED tealight in with your decorations to add a sweet springtime glow!
- Fill the bottom of your glass bauble with moss
- Arrange the faux flowers on top of the moss
- Take 6 strands of your macrame string or twine, thread through the hook at the top the glass bauble and pull through until there is an equal amount of twine on either side
- Tie knot above the glass bauble hook to hold in place
- Split each side into three sections with two strands in each section, plait
- Tie each end up and trim the ends to neaten them up.
- Tie the ends together and it’s ready to hang up!
We can’t wait to see your finished Macrame Spring Hangers! So, make sure you share your project photos with us on Facebook UK, Facebook USA, Twitter, Instagram UK, Instagram US, Pinterest UK or Pinterest US using the hashtag #crafterscompanion