Craft cute Easter Egg decorations with Violet Studio
- Read time: 2 minutes
- Written by: Crafters
Fill your home with colour and fun this Spring by crafting your own adorable honeycomb Easter Egg decorations! These eggs make fabulous ornaments to hang around your home or gather together to create a sweet table centrepiece.
This easy Easter craft project is so simple – anyone can pick it up in minutes! With just a few tools and some cute patterned paper from the Violet Studio Farmstead Easter collection you can create something handmade for friends, family and yourself.
You will need:
- Crafter’s Companion Permanent Tape Pen
- Violet Studio Farmstead Easter
- Paper clips
- Downloadable egg template
How to make:
1. Print out your egg template onto a piece of plain card, choose which size you’d like your egg decoration to be and cut out the template. Draw around your chosen egg template onto a sheet of Easter patterned paper. For each honeycomb egg you will need ten egg-shaped paper pieces of the same size. If you’re working with patterned paper remember to draw your shape on the blank side.
2. Cut out each egg shape from your patterned paper. Choose a range of different patterns to create a colourful effect or go for a matching colour scheme.
3. Once all of your egg shapes are cut out, fold each in half lengthways. If you are using patterned paper make sure that the pattern is on the inside of the fold.
4. Next, take two of your egg shapes and use a tape pen to stick a folded side of each piece together so that the blank sides are attached and the narrow ends of each shape meet. Continue to attach another 3 pieces in the same way to create one half of your 3D decoration. Repeat the process to create the second half of your decoration using the remaining 5 shapes.
5. Choose a ribbon design and cut a piece measuring approximately 15cm long.
6. Glue the ribbon in place on the reverse of one half of your egg decoration, apply glue all over ready to stick the two halves together.
7. Put the two egg halves together and hold in place with paperclips while the glue dries.
8. Choose a colourful ribbon bow. Glue in place and allow the dry.
Why not make more to cover an entire tree? You can switch up the ribbon, bows and paper to create different designs!
We can’t wait to see your finished Farmstead Easter makes! Don’t forget to tag us on social media and share your project photos with us on Facebook UK, Facebook USA, Twitter, Instagram UK, Instagram US, Pinterest UK or Pinterest US using the hashtag #violetstudio