Inspirational Tutorial: How to make a decorative candle
- Read time: 2 minutes
- Written by: CraftersCompanion
Ever wondered how to decorate a candle? It really is easier than you think! Decorated candles make fabulous gifts for all occasions, weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, you could even decorate them as home decor ready for Christmas! Designer Laney Delaney takes you through how you can decorate some candles yourself with this fabulous step by step tutorial. Have fun making lots of these!
1.Using Rock-a-Blocks stamp the sentiment with black ink pad onto tissue paper.
2. Cut as close as possible to stamped image and place in position on candle keeping it as flat and even as you can. TIP: You can apply a little glue stick to hold the image in place, dab the candle with the glue stick and rub it with your finger then place your image on candle keep it nice and even .
3. Take a large piece of wax paper wrap it tightly but evenly around the candle making sure you have plenty on the rear of the candle to hold onto while applying heat from the heat gun, this will only take seconds and you can actually see the tissue melting into the candle.
Remove the wax paper, now you have your image or sentiment beautifully on your candle.
4. Apply a little Mod Podge onto the candle then add your Lace and string, you can also add any pearls or gems at this point too,
5. The candle stand is made using Centura Pearl card and is finished off using flowers made with pastel co-ordinations card and the Sara Signature Floral Duo dies from the English Country Garden collection.
Crafter’s Companion supplies:
Other Supplies: Lace, String, Memento Tuxedo Black ink, heatgun, wax paper and pearls.
We would love to see what you make! Share your projects and cards with us on our Facebook page, tag us on Instagram (#crafterscompanion), onPinterest (@CraftersCompUK) or on Twitter (@CraftersCompUK)!