Tutorial: Carols Card
- Read time: 1 minute
- Written by: admin
Spectrum Noir design team member Lori Barnett is here with one more festive tutorial for our Advent Calendar!
1. Stamp mouse image on white card panel. Colour mouse fur and skin with TN7, TN4, TN2, TN1, CR3 and Blender. The CR3 marker is used on cheeks and ears.
The Blender marker is used to “dot” over the edges of coloring. This will soften edges and create texture.
2. Colour coat and hat with DR7, DR5 and CR5. Colour holly leaves and berries with DR5 and CG3. Add shading and shadows to white areas and ground with BG2.
Use Blender marker to “dot” over BG2 on the coat and hat fur areas, mouse fur tummy and shading on ground to soften edges and create texture.
3. Create a mask by stamping mouse image on masking tape or post-it note. Trim as shown.
4. Place mask over colored image. Add additional strip of masking tape across the bottom, if needed.
5. Colour Holly Leaf Sparkle Pen directly on musical note border stamp. “Huff” (breathe) onto stamp to remoisten ink before stamping onto panel. Repeat this process as many times as needed to create background.
6. Remove stamp mask.
7. Colour Crystal Clear Sparkle Pen over red areas of coat and hat, and holly leaves and berries.
8. Stamp and heat emboss sentiment. Add white flock to hat and coat fur areas. Add glitter on ground for snow.
Adhere stamped panel to black shimmer card panel. Attach to notecard with dimensional foam tape. Add additional embellishments as desired.