We all know how standard stamps work – adhered the stamp to your Rock-a-Block or Stamping Platform, then press into your card or paper. But what about our newest stamping concept, the Background Rotation Stamps? These fun stamps will make the perfect addition to any stamp expert or papercraft lover’s stash, so check out this post to find out more about them and how they work.
What are the Background Rotation Stamps?
These stamps feature an innovative design that means you can stamp once, then rotate 90° to stamp again, then rotate again until you have completed the full 360° stamp rotation. This will leave you with a gorgeous, full panel that can then be used as a background, for die-cutting, embossing and more!
What size are they?
Each of these stamps measure 5.5″ x 5.5″, so they’re perfect for most standard sized card bases.
How to use the Background Rotation Stamps
While this is a new and exciting concept, it can be a little bit daunting for people who aren’t as confident with stamping. But don’t worry, we’re here to help!
- Flip your Stamping Platform over so that the feet are facing upwards.
- Position your Background Rotation Stamp on to the Platform in a position that you’re comfortable with. We recommend using either the centre point or one of the corners – that way, you can always find the position easily again.
- Use a Spectrum Noir Quick Dry Dye Inkpad to dab colour on to your stamp, then flip the Stamping Platform and position your cardstock below.
- Press with an even pressure into your Stamping Platform to create the impression of the stamp.
- Turn the Platform over, wipe the stamp clean, then add another shade of ink.
- When you flip the Platform back over, rotate it 90°, then press into it again.
- Repeat this process until you have completed a full 360° rotation and have a finished panel.
Are there any accessories available?
Create the most precise stamped impressions possible with the Stamping Platform Magnetic Base. This tool has been designed to work perfectly with the 8″ x 8″ Stamping Platform to help you keep your projects secure as you use your stamps!
This Base comes equipped with four magnets to ensure that your projects are held securely below the Stamping Platform. Combined with the non-slip feet, this means that you’ll have the most accurate images on all of your papercraft projects.
With the included metric and imperial measurements, and large stamping area, this is the perfect tool for beginners and experts alike. It would make a welcome addition to any craft room!
We absolutely can’t wait to see how you put your Background Rotation Stamps to good use, so make with us on Facebook UK, Facebook USA, Twitter, Instagram UK, Instagram US, Pinterest UK or Pinterest US using the hashtag #crafterscompanion.