Put your favourite photographs on display or create a special keepsake gift for friends and family by crafting your own frame!
This step-by-step guide uses Gemini Concertina Border Dies to make something really unique, and best of all it’s so accessible and easy to follow. We’ve used some pretty patterned paper and 3D craft flowers to decorate our frame, but you can choose your own colours and embellishments to customise your creation.
You will need:
- Gemini Dimensions 3D Concertina Border Die Set – Lace
- Sara Signature Enchanted Dreams
- Centura Pearl Fresh White Card
- Crafter’s Companion 8″ x 8″ Pastels Textured Cardstock
- Crafter’s Companion Spring Hues Flower Forming Foam
- Spectrum Noir Harmony Opaque Inkpad – Plum Jam
- Spectrum Noir Blending Tool
- Collall All-Purpose Glue
- Red Liner Tape
- Foam Tape
- Hot Glue Gun
- Gemini Die Cutting Machine
- Cut a 6″ x 6″ piece of white card. Take a sheet of purple textured card and cut to 5 3/4″ x 5 3/4″. Next, choose a sheet of patterned paper and cut to 5 1/2″ x 5 1/2″. Glue the three layers together to create a stepped effect.
2. Take another piece of white card and cut to 2″ x 4″. Score half an inch from the top. Then use Red Liner Tape to attach the scored tab to the back of your layered 6″ x 6″ piece. This creates the stand for your photo frame.
3. Take your Concertina Border Die set and, following the instructions with your Gemini Die Cutting Machine, cut out four corner pieces and four borders pieces using white card. Using a blending tool, apply Plum Jam ink to the edges of each piece.
4. Concertina fold each corner and border piece, arrange around your 6″ x 6″ piece and attach using Red Liner Tape.
5. Trim your photograph to measure 3″ x 3″, layer onto a piece of purple textured card measuring 3 1/4″ x 3 1/4″. Use foam tape to attach to the middle of your frame.
6. Die cut 3 layers of the smaller flower from the Beautiful Blossoms set using Spring Hues Flower Forming Foam. Next, die cut 4 layers of the larger flower from the set using Enchanted Dreams Flower Forming Foam.
7. Shape your flowers using a heat gun or balls tools and an iron. Use a glue gun to attach the layers together before threading stamens through the centre.
8. Die cut leaves from green textured card and attach your floral display inside the card.
You’re done! Ready to pop onto the mantlepiece, table or desk to brighten someone’s day.
Gemini Concertina Border Dies can be used to create beautiful 3D cards, frames and more. We can’t wait to see your beautiful makes! So, don’t forget to show us your die-cut cards and creations on Facebook UK, Facebook USA, Twitter, Instagram UK, Instagram US, Pinterest UK or Pinterest US using the hashtag #crafterscompanion