A handmade gift tag is a great way to give a little more with your gifts. Why not go the extra mile with a shaker tag, filled with sequins, glitter or cut out shapes?
Follow our super simple step-by-step craft guide to make a Christmas shaker tag. We’ve used the Gemini Shaker Tags set, which has everything you need to cut out and decorate shaker tags in so many different shapes, complete with your own sequins or confetti!
You will need:
- Gemini Elements Shaker Tags die set
- Two sheets of coloured or patterned card
- Foam on a roll
- Tape Pen or Tacky Glue
- Low Tack Tape
- Die-cutting machine
- Choose a piece of card for the front of your shaker tag.
- Cut to 3″ x 3″.
- Take the outer and inner Shaker Tag dies and use low tack tape to secure onto your card.
- Pass through your die-cutting machine.
- Choose a piece of card for the inside of your shaker tag.
- Cut to 3″ x 3″.
- Die cut using just the outer die from your Shaker Tag set.
- Die-cut the outer die shape from acetate.
- Use a tape pen or tacky glue to stick the acetate shape to the back of your die-cut star aperture.
- Line the edges of your shape with Foam on a Roll tape making sure there are no gaps.
- Sprinkle your sequins onto the acetate, don’t get any on the foam strips!
- Attach the back panel onto the sticky side of the foam, securing the sequins inside.
- To create a double-sided shaker tag, repeat the previous nine steps to create a second tag shape.
- Cut a piece of ribbon, loop it over and attach to the back of one tag shape.
- Glue the second star on top to sandwich the ribbon loop between two shaker tags.
- Cut a strip of matching card or paper 1/2″ wide.
- Apply glue around the edges of your shaker tag and secure the strip in place.
We can’t wait to see your finished makes! So, don’t forget to show us your creations on Facebook UK, Facebook USA, Twitter, Instagram UK, Instagram US, Pinterest UK or Pinterest US using the hashtag #crafterscompanion