Craft a Christmas candle holder card
- Read time: 3 minutes
- Written by: Crafters
Craft something that will truly glow with Christmas cheer this season! This clever card is also a tealight holder, so you can give loved ones a card with a sweet, cosy gift included.
This Christmas tealight card looks professional, but with our step-step-by-step guide it’s actually quite straightforward to make! We’ve used the Tis the Season Collection from Crafter’s Companion to let our Christmas craft shine with the natural beauty of winter.
You will need:
- Tis the Season
- Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers
- Finesse Alcohol Proof Inkpad
- Craft knife
- Scoreboard and scoring tool
- Tacky Glue
- Red Liner Tape
- Coloured inkpad
- Blending tool
- Gemini die cutting machine
- Lay your tealight candles in a line and measure the width, height and depth. Our tealights measured: 6.5”H x 1.5” W x 1.1” D
- Cut a piece of card to measure 6″ x 9.5″. Score along the long side at 0.5″, 1.5″, 3″ and 4.5″.
- Score down the short side a 0.5″ and 1.5″. Then score at 0.5″ and 1.5″ from the other edge as shown.
- Cut out excess pieces along the top and bottom. Leave one of the wider pieces to create a tab on either side as shown.
- On the central piece (the piece with tabs at the top and bottom) cut out a rectangular aperture. This will become a window for your tealights. *
- Turn the card over and attach a piece of acetate over the window.
- Add a strip of patterned paper or card to the other wider fold of card. This will form the inside back panel.
- Fold the box up using red liner tape to attach the back edge and bottom tab.
- Insert your tealights and close the lid of the box.
- Cut 2 pieces of card, one 6.5” x 7” and one 6.5 x 8. On the smaller piece score down ½” on the shorter edge
- Attach the smaller piece of card and attach to the large piece of card as shown.
- Cut two pieces of contrasting card 6.25” x 6.25. Take two pieces of 6” paper from the paper pad
- Choose ink in a colour that complements the square card pieces. Ink around the edges of the paper squares . *
- Layer the patterned paper pieces onto the square card pieces.
- Attach one layered piece to the front of your card base and one on the inside.
- Take the stamp from the Robin Wreath set and stamp using Finesse Alcohol Proof Ink on to white Neenah card.
- Line up the dies from the robin wreath to create an aperture and die cut with your Gemini machine.
- Add colour using alcohol markers.
- Die cut foliage, berries, pinecones and holly leaves from theSeasonal Foliage Elements set.
- Use foam pads to attach the robin centrepiece to your card front, with the die cut foliage around as shown.
- Pop some foliage, holly leave and berries onto the tealight box.
- Stamp a sentiment onto white card and attach to your card front.
We can’t wait to see your finished makes! So, don’t forget to show us your Christmas craft creations on Facebook UK, Facebook USA, Twitter, Instagram UK, Instagram US, Pinterest UK or Pinterest US using the hashtag #crafterscompanion