Craft an easy Easter Bunny Wreath with Sara
- Read time: 1 minute
- Written by: Crafter's Companion
Brighten up your front door this Easter by making a cute and contemporary Easter Bunny Wreath!
All it takes are a few essential craft materials and anyone can make some really special Easter decor.
Our very own Sara Davies has put together an easy step-by-step guide below!
You will need:
- 12” natural grapevine wreath ring
- 9” natural grapevine wreath ring
- White loop yarn (roughly 2 1/2 100g balls)
- Faux flowers
- Hessian ribbon
- Organza ribbon
- Pipe cleaners
- Glue gun
- Wrap the loop yarn around the large and small wreath rings. Leave enough yarn at the ends to tie the two wreaths together.
- Tie the two wreaths together, make sure that they are securely attached.
- Cut two strips of hessian ribbon measuring approximately 24” long. Glue six pipe cleaners to one of the strips, three at each end so there is a slight gap in the middle. This will ensure that your bunny ears keep their shape.
- Using the glue gun, adhere the second hessian ribbon strip on top of the first strip to hide the pipe cleaners. Fold the long strip round and glue the two ends together to complete the first bunny ear.
- Repeat the last two steps to create the second bunny ear.
- Glue both of the ears onto the top of the smaller wreath. Next, cut a strip of card and glue this over the top of the ends, behind the bunny’s head, to keep the ears securely in place.
- Using the glue gun, arrange and attach faux flowers to the neck of the bunny and finish with a little bow in between the join of the two wreaths.
We can’t wait to see what you’ve done with your own wreath!
We can’t wait to see what you’ve created! Make sure to share with us on Social Media using the hashtag #crafterscompanion