How to craft a Dancing Dragonfly bottle box
- Read time: 4 minutes
- Written by: Crafters
Let your creativity take flight to craft this dazzlingly pretty bottle box with the Sara Signature Dancing Dragonfly Collection!
It’ll make any bottle, from the finest vintage to your favourite tipple, look absolutely top class. Just follow our step-by-step guide and you’ll be flying high with new crafting skills in no time at all!
You will need:
- Sara Signature Dancing Dragonfly Collection
- Crafter’s Companion Heavyweight Acetate
- Crafter’s Companion Scoremaster
- Watercolour Card
- Spectrum Noir Aqua Markers or your favourite watercolour medium
- Collal All Purpose Glue
- Gemini Die Cutting machine
- Cut two pieces of Luxury Pearlescent card, each measuring 9” x 8.3”
- Score ½” down the short edge then at 4 ¾” on both pieces of card. Next, score 6 ¼” down the long side using the Box Lid side of the Scoremaster.
- Cut the excess corners off as shown.
- Attach the two short edges together as in the image.
- Attach the other short edges together and the glue the bottom panel shut. You now have your basic bottle box!
- Time to make the lid. Cut a piece of Luxury Pearlescent card to measure 8 ¼ x 8 ¼ and score 2” down all 4 sides.
- Use scissors to cut off the corners as shown.
- Take the water lily border die, centre it on a box lid edge and use a Gemini Machine die cut the design. Repeat for all four sides.
- Cut two strips of acetate 2” x 8.5″. Score 2 1/8” on the box lid side of the Scoremaster. Attach to the inside of box lid to strengthen the water lily edges and build the box lid.
- Cut two strips of Luxury Pearlescent Card in a contrasting colour to measure 3” x 9”. Score using the Box Base side at 4 ¼” and 8 ½”.
- Using the 1/2” tab, attach both ends together to create a cube shape.
- Insert the cube shape into the box base leaving 2” sticking out. Slide the lid on top to ensure a tight fit
- Take a piece of Watercolour card and die cut the outer frame of the Weeping Willow die. Use your favourite watercolour medium to create a beautiful sunset skyline theme. Spectrum Noir Aqua Pens would be great for this!
- While your artwork is drying, die cut the Weeping Willow inner die using a darker card colour.
- Use the stencil in the Weeping Willow set to add more detail to your watercolour sheet. Layer the die cut willow tree on top and attach. Stick to one of the box sides.
- Take a piece of 12″ patterned paper and cut down at 4″ intervals. This will create panels for the other three box sides.
- Take two sheets of 8″ Vellum and cut each sheet into quarters. Fold each square in half diagonally. Fold the bottom corners up to the top point, creating a diamond shape.
- Turn over, make sure the point it facing upwards and fold in the side pieces to the centre Use adhesive and stick both sides down. Turn back over and open out the petal slightly.
- Repeat the previous three steps for the other seven pieces of vellum creating eight petals. Attach all 8 petals to a circular piece of card and attach to the top of the lid.
- Use the Dainty Dragonfly Set to die cut dragonfly sets from Pearlescent Card and attach to the box sides as decoration.
We can’t wait to see your finished makes! So, don’t forget to show us your Dancing Dragonfly creations on Facebook UK, Facebook USA, Twitter, Instagram UK, Instagram US, Pinterest UK or Pinterest US using the hashtag #crafterscompanion