Create an easel card with the wow factor using the delightful Flower Fairies CD-ROM & the Crafter’s Companion Ultimate Pro. Design Team member Pam Leng shows you how in a few easy steps.
You will need:
Flower Fairies CD-ROM
Crafter’s Companion Ultimate Pro
Crafter’s Companion Clevercut
2 sheets A4 white cardstock
1. Fold a piece of A4 card in half. On one half, with the card portrait, find the centre and cut to the fold. Fold each of these panels in half.
2. Prepare your toppers. For my card I have used the Flower Fairies CD, one decoupage image and one pyrimage, but you can use whatever you have in your stash.
3. Using a second sheet of A4 cardstock and Ultimate pro, use the box lid section to score your A4 cardstock across the shortest side on lines 2, 4, 6 and 7. Cut along score line 7. Using a bone folder burnish all score lines – lines 2 and 4 are mountain folds and line 6 is a valley fold.
4. Using double-sided tape attach the first fold (the large one not the smallest) onto the edge of the card.
5. Fix backing paper to the two largest panels onto the front flap and also the two top panels. Attach two strips of ribbon to the two top panels
6. Cut out a border strip and attach foam pads in the middle of the strip. This border needs to be slightly raised to enable the front flap to tuck underneath.
7. Fix foam pads onto the back of the toppers, taking care not to put them all the way to the top. Attach two pearls or gems onto the ribbon at either side.
8. Tuck the front panel underneath the border and add some sentiments to finish.