Craft a beautiful nativity themed card for Christmas
- Read time: 3 minutes
- Written by: Crafters
The nativity is a beautiful and traditional theme for Christmas crafting, telling the story of the very first Christmas Eve through cards and handmade keepsakes.
We’ve used the beautiful Bethlehem papercraft collection to create this atmospheric and beautiful z-fold Christmas card. With step by step instructions laid out below, why not have a go at crafting your own handmade cards this year?
You will need:
- Bethlehem Collection
- Bearing Gifts die set
- Little Town of Bethlehem die set
- Silent Night die set
- 12″ x 12″ paper pad
- A4 Luxury Mixed Card Pack
- Centura Pearl Fresh White A3 Card
- White Multi -purpose card
- Crafter’s Companion Hold and Release Sheets
- 3mm Foam Pads
- Collall Tacky Glue
- Collall All-Purpose Glue
- Gemini Die Cutting Machine
- Scoreboard and scoring tool
- Cut a piece of Centura Pearl Fresh White A3 card to 7” x 14”. Score at 3 ½” and 7” to create a fold-back card.
- Take another piece of Centura Pearl Fresh White A3 card and cut to 1” x 14”. Score at 3 ½” and 7” – this will form the “Z” part of the card base.
- Cut a piece of gold glitter card to 6 ¾” x 6 ¾” and another to 3 ¼” x 6 ¾”.
- Cut a piece of patterned paper to 6 ½” x 6 ½” and another to 3” x 6 ½”.
- Mat the patterned pieces onto the gold panels and then glue to the card base.
- Die cut two scene dies from the Little Town Of Bethlehem Die Set from dark blue pearl card. Repeat with lighter blue pearl card. Layer onto the Z-fold part of the card base, trimming the die-cuts down as needed.
- Use glue to attach the z-fold section onto the bottom of the card base. *
- Die-cut the Bearing Gifts Die Set from dark blue pearl card and glue onto a piece of Multi-Purpose Card. Cut around the edges of the die-cut so that there is no white card visible at the edges.
- Take a sheet of lighter blue card, gold glitter card and gold matt mirror card. Take three Hold and Release sheets, peel off the backing and attach one to each of the coloured card sheets.
- Die cut the Bearing Gifts Die Set into each of the coloured card sheets. Once die cut, remove the outline shape to leave coloured pieces attached to the hold and release sheet.
- Carefully peel off selected shapes and glue into place to paper piece your Bearing Gifts centrepiece.
- Use foam pads or foam tape to adhere your centrepiece to the left side of the card . Take care not to apply any adhesive to the right-side of the topper to avoid seal the card shut.
- Die cut the Silent Night sentiment once in white card and once in gold glitter card. Layer together, slightly offsetting the gold piece to create a drop shadow effect and attach to the card.
We can’t wait to see your finished makes! So, don’t forget to show us your Christmas craft creations on Facebook UK, Facebook USA, Twitter, Instagram UK, Instagram US, Pinterest UK or Pinterest US using the hashtag #crafterscompanion