Craft cute wood slice Christmas decorations with Sara
- Read time: 1 minute
- Written by: Crafters
Have fun this Christmas by crafting your own cute decorations for the tree! This craft project from Sara Davies is a quick and fun festive activity for all the family.
Here’s Sara herself to show you how!
Hi guys! How sweet are these wood slice decorations? You can literally create any Christmas character you can think of – so you can fill your tree with customised cuteness! Here’s everything you need to know…
You will need:
- Pre-cut wood slices with a hole in the top
- Brown String or Baker’s Twine
- Gesso white paint
- Acrylic Paint Markers
- Art Liners
Simple step-by-step instructions:
- Paint your wood slice with the white Gesso paint to create a blank canvas for your design
- Use the Acrylic Paint Markers to draw the colourful elements of your character or design. For the snowman decoration I used an orange marker to create a carrot nose!
- Add detail using Art Liner pens, for the snowman I used these pens to add the eyes and smile
- Measure a piece of your twine or string, snip with the scissors, thread through the hole in the top of your wood slice and tie.
- Your decoration is ready to hang on the Christmas tree!
You can embellish your decoration however you like by adding bows, glitter, reindeer antlers – whatever you fancy!
Here’s a video guide so you can see just how quick and easy it is to craft wood slice Christmas decorations.
We can’t wait to see your finished wood slice Christmas decorations! So, make sure you share your project photos with us on Facebook UK, Facebook USA, Twitter, Instagram UK, Instagram US, Pinterest UK or Pinterest US using the hashtag #crafterscompanion