Craft your own scratch and reveal cards
- Read time: 3 minutes
- Written by: Crafter's Companion
There’s nothing better than seeing the faces of your loved ones light up the room in surprise when they receive an unexpected gift. Create your very own scratch and reveal card thanks to the Crafter’s Companion Scratch Reveal Cardmaking Kits today and create a card that has your friends and family jumping with excitement!
Follow along with our below guide to get started.
You will need:
- Crafters Companion – Scratch Reveal Cardmaking Kit
- Crafters Companion The Scoremaster Scoring Board
- Crafter’s Companion Glue Tape Pen
- Spectrum Noir Inkpad
- A stamping block – we’d recommend the Crafter’s Companion Rock-a-Block
- Adhesive Foam Pads
Creating your card
- Take a piece of the white card from your Scratch Reveal Cardmaking Kit measuring 11 x 5.5”. Place it on your scoring board in a landscape position and score two lines – one at 2.8” and the other at 5.7”. Fold over both lines and burnish with the side of your scoring tool.
- Take the smaller piece of white card measuring 11 x 1.5” and score in the same places as before. Repeat the same process of folding and burnishing each line.
- Using a piece of the patterned paper included in your kit, cut out two pieces measuring 5 x 5” and 5 x 2”.
- Grab the larger piece of white card that you scored and folded earlier. With your glue tape pen, stick the pieces of patterned paper to the card, with the 5 x 5 piece covering the largest section, and the 5 x 2 piece on the first section.
- Repeat this with your smaller bit of white card and another piece of patterned paper measuring 5 x 2” fitting in the first section, and two smaller 2 x 2” pieces in the second and last sections.
- Turn over your smaller white card and apply glue to both ends using your glue tape pen. Take your larger piece of white card from earlier and stick one end of the smaller piece across the middle like a band and the opposite end inside the card, as shown in the video.
Creating your message
- Take the round circles and smaller pieces of white card from your Stamp Reveal Kit, your chosen sentiment stamps, an inkpad and stamping block.
- Attach each stamp to the block one by one, cover generously with your inkpad and press firmly into your card to reveal your perfectly stamped message.
- Find the matching round gold sticker and place this directly over your stamped sentiment so it is fully covered. Find the matching silver circle card piece and stick the covered message to the centre of it using your glue tape pen.
- Your secret message is now complete! Simply stick it to your card with adhesive foam pads, and give it to your unsuspecting recipient as a surprise!