How to craft a 3D Christmas bauble
- Read time: 2 minutes
- Written by: Crafter's Companion
It may only be July, but Christmas will be here in a flash and there’s to time like the present to get prepared!
Get creative this Christmas and add a 3D dimensional bauble to your festive decor thanks to the Gemini Dimension Stencil and Die Kits!
Follow our guide below to create your own 3D bauble
You will need:
- Gemini Dimensions 3D Stencil and Die Kit
- 22 pc patterned paper measuring 5 x 5”
- Gemini Die Cutting and Embossing Machine
- Crafters Companion The Scoremaster Scoring Board
- Crafting tape
- Glue dots
- Crafter’s Companion Pokey tool
Creating your bauble
- Take 2 pieces of 5 x 5 “ patterned paper and score lengthways in the middle, at 2.5”. We’ve used a piece from the Festive Favourites 12 x 12 Paper Pad.
- Take one of the metal dies, either the smaller or largest depending on the desired size of your bauble and place this over both of your folded papers, securing it in place with crafting tape.
- Send this through your Gemini Die Cutting Machine until you’re left with 2 bauble shaped halves.
- Place one half of your die-cut bauble shape into the matching sized template and unfold it so your full bauble shape is revealed.
- Using your Crafter’s Companion Pokey Tool, unpeal your glue dots and adhere this around half of your design. Close the bauble in half so it sticks shut and apply more glue dots around the closed bauble.
- Stick your second die cut bauble on top of this, repeating the process with your glue dots. Repeat the entire process a further 20 times until you’re finally left with a full sphere bauble.
- Use a glue pen and glitter to add a sparkle or decorate with gems!
Get creative with our other 3D Dimensional Dies! Create pumpkins, gift boxes and more. Find our full range here