How to craft a cute card with the Garden Gnomes papercraft collection
- Read time: 3 minutes
- Written by: Crafters
Whatever the weather, bring some sunshine to your life with this summery sweet card from the Garden Gnomes Collection from Nature’s Garden!
Full of cute personalities and mischievous smiles, our Garden Gnomes are sure to bring joy to your papercraft projects. Why not get to know the gnomes and have a go at our step-by-step cardmaking guide?
You will need:
- Nature’s Garden Garden Gnomes Collection:
- 12″ x 12″ Paper Pad
- Gnome Swing Stamp & Die Set
- Gnome Girl Garden Stamp, Die & Stencil Set
- Summer Gnomes Accessories Stamp & Die set
- Crafter’s Companion White Multi-purpose Card
- Neenah Card- Solar White
- Pink Card
- 12mm Red Liner Tape
- Foam Pads – 2mm depth
- Collall All-Purpose Glue
- Collall Tacky Glue
- Spectrum Noir Finesse Alcohol-Proof Inkpad – Flagstone
- Spectrum Noir TriBlend Markers
- Square die
- Gemini Die Cutting Machine
- To create your card base cut a piece of multi-purpose card to measure 5 ¾” x 8 ¼” for the back piece. For the front piece cut multi-purpose card to measure 5 ¾” x 10 ¼”. Score at 1 ¼”, 2 ¼”, 8” and 9”.
- Die cut a 4 1/2″ square into the centre of the front piece.
- Choose one of the scene sheets from the 12″ x 12″ paper pad. Cut out to measure 5 ½” x 5 ½” and glue to the centre of the back piece.
- Cut two pieces of pink card measuring 5 ½” x 1”. Then, cut another piece to measure 5 ½” x 5 ½”. Die cut a 4 1/2″ square into the centre to create a frame. Stick to the sides and centre of the front piece as shown.
- Cut two pieces of patterned paper to measure 5 1/4″ x 3/4″.
Patterned paper: 2 x 5 ¼” x ¾”. Next, cut a square measuring 5 ¼” x 5 ¼” and die cut a 4 1/2″ square into the centre. Layer on top of the pink pieces and glue down as shown.
- Turn the front section over, attach red liner tape to the two outer sections. Adhere to the back piece.
- Use the Alcohol Proof Inkpad to stamp the gnome character, swing and whichever accessories and decorations you’d like to use onto Neenah Card.
- Colour with Spectrum Noir TriBlend markers. (Take a look a our guide to using alcohol markers for some hints and tips!)
- Die cut the coloured characters and decorations and attach to the card front using Tacky Glue and foam pads
We can’t wait to see your finished makes! So, don’t forget to show us your Garden Gnome creations on Facebook UK, Facebook USA, Twitter, Instagram UK, Instagram US, Pinterest UK or Pinterest US using the hashtag #crafterscompanion