How to craft the cutest Christmas Gift Card Holders!
- Read time: 3 minutes
- Written by: Crafters
Give presents with extra personality this Christmas with the fun and festive Gift Card Holder Collection from Gemini!
This range invites you to present your gift cards in fabulous and festive style, by crafting cute cards that slide open to reveal your gift card hidden inside!
What are Christmas Gift Card Holders?
Gift cards are a great present, the perfect way to give that special someone a treat that they can choose themselves! But wrapping a gift card, making it look exciting and special can be a challenge.
That’s where the Gemini Christmas Gift Card Holder Collection comes in! This range of stamp and die sets allows you to craft cute and personalised card holders – so you can give gifts that mean more!
Each set is perfectly sized to hold a standard-sized gift card ready to be hidden beneath Santa’s hat, nestled inside a Christmas stocking and more!
With dies to decorate your chosen design plus stamps to create a customised message on the reverse – there’s everything you need to craft a cute and Christmassy gift!
How to create a Christmas Gift Card Holder
Each set creates a festive and fun gift card holder that’s sure to raise a smile on Christmas morning. And you don’t have to be a craft expert to make them! Here’s how…
- To create your sleeve, draw around the included plastic template onto a piece of card. Make sure you include the inner lines on the template. These are the score lines and will come in handy later.
- Cut around the outer pencil line
- Score and burnish the marked score lines
- Fold the sleeve in half, from the bottom up and glue both side tabs to assemble – as in the image here
- Take the largest die from your set, create your plate combination and roll through your die cutting machine. This creates the main mechanism that slides and holds the gift card.
- Use the co-ordinating stamps and dies to decorate and embellish your card holder
- Using the corner slots cut onto the main mechanism pop your gift card on and insert into your sleeve
- Your Christmas Gift Card Holder is ready to go under the tree, into a Christmas stocking or in the post!
For best results, use a range of different coloured cardstock to add depth and dimension to your craft project!
Your finished Gift Card Holders are homemade so they aren’t standards sizes for envelopes. To create custom envelopes for your creations, try the Enveloper!
The Christmas Gift Card Holder collection
Why not check out the full range of Gift Card Holders sets from Gemini and get your Christmas gifts sorted in style!
The Festive Gift set includes 14 stamps and dies to create a card holder shaped like a beautifully gift-wrapped box with a lid that slides open to reveal the gift card inside.
This fabulous Christmas Stocking set includes 15 stamps and dies to create a card holder shaped like a cosy Christmas stocking, filled with gifts that slide open to reveal the gift card inside.
No Christmas is complete without St Nick! In the Jolly Santa set you will receive 14 stamps and dies to create a card holder shaped like a Santa Claus himself, with a hat that slides off to reveal the gift card inside.
The Festive Snowman set includes 16 stamps and dies to create a card holder shaped like a sweet Snowman, with a stovepipe hat that slides off to reveal the gift card inside.