How to create interactive Shaped Waterfall cards!
- Read time: 2 minutes
- Written by: Crafters
Introducing the new Shaped Waterfall Collection from Gemini, with this innovative range you can craft cards that flutter and flow with fun, colour and creativity! Each stamp & die set in this range has everything you need to create fabulous interactive cards, with cascading shapes that flip open when the tab is pulled.
If you fancy having a go, but think it looks a bit complicated – don’t worry! These sets have been designed to be easy to use, and in this guide we’ll be taking you step-by-step through how to create beautiful Shaped Waterfall Cards.
Every set in this collection comes with stamps and dies to add embellishment and personality to your card design. And with spaces to add a secret message, celebratory sentiment or a sweet image – there’s a deep pool of creativity just waiting for you to dive in!
How to Create Shaped Waterfall Card:
- Roll the waterfall mechanism die through your die-cutting machine
- Fold and burnish the score lines
- Cut and out and decorate five of the decorative shaped panels from your set
- Take one of your decorative panels and adhere so that it lines up with the shaped area at the top of your cut out mechanism piece
- Moving up the mechanism piece, secure the top edge of the shaped panels to each of the small scored rectangles
- When all are secured fold the rest of the mechanism behind, leaving the side tabs out
- Place adhesive on the side tabs, fold them behind back and attach to the front of a card base
- Decorate and embellish however you choose!
This collection offers so much opportunity to explore your cardmaking creativity! You can stamp your sentiments front and centre or pop a sweet message under one of the layered shapes waiting to be opened to reveal a hidden message.
Let’s take a look at the full range, who knows where your inspiration leads…
- Hip Hip Hooray – layered balloon shapes surrounded by bunting, streamer plus celebratory messages, ideal for birthdays, party invites and more!
- Butterfly Kisses – layered butterfly shapes, surrounded by flowers lace and sweet sentiments, perfect to send to friends
- Tea Party – layered tea-cup shapes, with teaspoons, flowers and cute teabag labels plus charming themed sentiments – ideal for party invitations!
Each set includes the waterfall mechanism die and step-by-step instructions so it couldn’t be easier to get started!
We hope you’ve enjoyed the Gemini Shaped Waterfall Collection for even more interactive cardmaking inspiration why not take a look at the full range?