How to use Pop Out Scene sets to create cards that burst with fun!
- Read time: 4 minutes
- Written by: Crafters
If you’re looking for a way to inject some new dimension, dynamism and fun into your cardmaking then it’s time to take a look at the new Pop Out Scene Collection from Gemini!
Each stamp & die set in this range will help you create amazing aperture cards with a suspended detail ready to spin and twirl into action!
The Pop Out Scene collection is so versatile, you can create a whole host of effects with each stamp & die set! Here’s a few ideas:
- Surprise family and friends with a pop-out element inside your card, with a twirling suspended feature
- Make a characterful circular centrepiece for your card front – with a sweet suspended element
- Leave the aperture open to create a gorgeous see-through scene
- Create a fun shaker card with gorgeous die-cut detail
How to use Pop Out Scene Stamp & Die sets
These sets create such impressive results, but they’re not too tricky to use! Just follow our step-by-step instructions, and you’ll be amazing family and friends in no time!
- Take a 4″ x 6″ card blank, or you can create one by cutting an 8″ x 6″ piece of cardstock and scoring it at 4″
- Cut a 6″ x 6″ piece of cardstock and use a pencil to light mark a line down its centre, this will be your aperture panel
- Score 0.5″ from the left and right side on the front of your aperture panel, ensure the scored lines run parallel to the marked line from the previous step
- Position your aperture die centrally on the front of the aperture panel, using the pencil line as a guide for placement. Secure the die with low-tack tape and roll through your die-cutting machine
- Erase the pencil mark from the centre of your aperture panel, colour your die-cut aperture design however you like!
- Choose additional stamped and die-cut embellishments from the set to add extra decoration to your aperture panel
- Score down the centre of the reverse side of your aperture panel and burnish the fold. Ensure the fold is created so the front side of the aperture panel is raised towards you
- Choose which die-cut element from your set you’d like to turn into a suspended feature. Stamp, die-cut and colour that element before attaching it to a piece of thread and securing to the top of your aperture, on the reverse side
- Concertina fold the aperture panel and affix the tabs on the right and left side to the inside of the card blank, positioning them 2″ in from the left and right edge of the inside of the card blank
- Decorate the inside of your card however you like, using patterned paper, sentiment stamps, die-cut embellishments or whatever takes your fancy!
Whatever the occasion, there’s a Pop Out Scene to match – here’s the full collection you can choose from!
- Go Camping: Enjoy the great outdoors with everything you need to craft the sweetest al-fresco scene, including a caravan, bunting, guitar, campfire and more!
- Time to Celebrate: Bring any birthday party to life with bunting, party streamers, birthday candles and fun sentiments
- Into the Woods: Fill your cards with natural beauty with this set that features a sweet deer and rabbit, bordered by silhouetted trees plus acorn and moon embellishments
- Party Vibes: Make your card really pop with a bottle of bubble, champagne flutes, a microphone and celebratory sentiments
- Enjoy the Bubbles: Create a fun bathtime scene, complete with bubble-filled tub, rubber duck, cute sentiments and even more bubbles!
- Our Home: Perfect for anyone making to move to a new pad, this set features a silhoutte of a cosy home with a sweet heart floating above
- Secret Garden: Create a summery garden scene with a sweet picket fence and beautiful butterfly!
- Country Village: Take your crafts for a day in the country with this picture perfect countryside scene, with rolling hills, a cute cottage and falling leaves – it’s perfect for seasonal cards!
We hope this post has given you a little taste of the amazing pop-out dimension you can create with the Gemini Pop Out Scene Collection!