How to use the Gemini Christmas Edge'ables Stamp and Dies
- Read time: 2 minutes
- Written by: Crafter's Companion
Cardmaking for Christmas is such a fun thing to do. There are so many different themes and elements out on the market that it’s too easy to get a little bit wild with it. More glitter? Sure, why not! A tinsel embellishment? Looks great! 3D die-cut embellishments? It definitely wasn’t eye-catching enough! But for this Christmas, we’re going to be trying something new – we’ll be making cards with the Gemini Christmas Edge’ables Stamp and Dies!
These fun sets contain one festive word die and two stamps that have been designed to pair up to form sensational sentiments. They’re also designed to work alongside the Gemini Elements Metal Frame Dies, which are the tools needed to add these sentiments into the centre of your cards.
While these stamp and die sets do look a little intimidating at first, they really aren’t too difficult to get the hang of!
- Select your favourite Edge’ables Word Die and the Frame Die that you’d like to use. Fiona uses Dear Santa and the Circle Frame.
- Fold your card in the way that the finished piece would look, then open it out, fold side up, on to your die-cutting plate.
- Line your frame up, cut side down, where you would like it to sit and use a ruler to draw the line of the base in pencil.
- Place your word die, cut side down, on to the line, making sure to align it with the pencil line that you just drew. Use some Low Tack Tape to adhere it in place.
- Re-align your frame and adhere it in place with Low Tack Tape.
- Sandwich your card and dies with your top plates, and roll this through your die-cutting machine.
- When you remove it from the machine and take off the tape, you will need to bend the frame piece backwards and use Precision Snips to cut the negative away.
- Fold your card into the correct position and you’re good to decorate! Use the stamps included in the set to create fabulous sentiments or use as many embellishments as you please.
If you need a bit more of a visual representation, take a look at this video from Fiona Clayton!
Once you’ve got to grips with using these stamp and die sets, you’ll be creating projects like the ones below in no time at all. Take a look for a bit of inspiration.
We’re so excited to see the types of projects you make with the Gemini Christmas Edge’ables Stamp and Dies! If you make any cards (or any other sort of project) with these sets, then
please tag us in your photos on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag #crafterscompanion.